Q: What format do my files need to be in, to convert to Flip Page?
A: Easy! Here's an quick check-list. Your files must:
- Be a PDF, and the pages must flow numerically (so we can export one document, in the correct order)
- Have RGB colour schemes, for optimum colour (CMYK works, but may appear washed out)
- Have a minimum DPI of 200; the higher, the better
- Fix Transparencies – High Resolution ??
- Contain an equal/even number of pages (even if the last one is blank)
- Have embedded fonts. Note: underlining or false italics are typically not "embedded" fonts
- Have no "masked text"… hidden layers will be brought to the top layer during the conversion process. Please remove all masked text if you would like to use the vector converter.
- Have eliminated any bleeds, gutters, or crop marks (you can use the crop box function in PDF)
Note: Flip Page will automatically link URL’s and email addresses (if the text has not been vectorized or flattened). Our converter just needs to be able to select, cut and paste your text for autolinking and search functionality. Therefor, text outlines and raster images are not suggested.
Specialty pages & sizes are also supported – let's talk if you have questions about these.
What am I able to customize within each publication?
- All publications have various editable features. Please see our digital brochure for features and tools.
Does the consumer need to have anything installed on their computer to view a publication?
- No. The publications are Flash based web applications and most computers (99%) have Flash capabilities. Certain computer systems may require Flash Player and Web Browser updating in order to view the publications optimally.
Does the consumer need to have anything installed on their mobile device to view a Flip Page edition?
- No. Our software will recognize the platform and optimize to a mobile friendly version supported on iOS and Android OS.
What are others publishing online?
- Any print item in a multi-page format can be converted to a digital publication. Some suggestions include; flyers, brochures, booklets, directories, catalogues, campus guides, magazines, newspapers, books, novels, leisure guides, annual reports, course calendars, event programs and even menus!
Anything else I need to know before I start publishing online with Flip Page?
- Yes. It’s simple. The Flip Page Ordering System interface is designed with the sole purpose of being a user friendly experience. The whole process from uploading your PDF’s to editing links within a document is straight forward. We will gladly train your staff on the system as well to make it a seamless integration.
- Have a question or need some additional training. This is where you can reach us. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a training session on the Ordering System or have any additional questions answered. Want to speak to us directly? Call 519-756-FLIP